We’re Hiring: Membership/Events Coordinator
The Luxury Marketing Council is an organization of luxury purveyors – CEOs, directors of marketing, general managers and other top executives. The Council serves as a catalyst in bringing together the smartest most imaginative marketers of luxury products and services to explore best practices, share intelligence on customers and stay on the leading edge of market trends. The Council facilitates innovative marketing alliances and partnerships, where its members can cultivate referrals from best customers – the 10.1 million individuals globally with liquid portfolios of $1,000,000 or more.
The Council hosts a multitude of member-only events throughout the year including moderated panel discussions featuring experts in the luxury arena, Think Tanks, Executive Roundtables, Common Practice Surveys, CEO Breakfasts, and other events.
We are currently seeking a Membership/Events Coordinator to assist the Chairman in development and execution of the Southern California Luxury Council.
Job Purpose: To grow and maintain the membership base by developing and implementing strategies that assist in both the retention of current members and the recruitment of new members.
Overall Responsibilities: Plan and execute programs to promote membership growth and increase retention levels. Generate introductions for council members.
- Membership Development
- Actively recruit new members and meet monthly new membership goals as set by Chairman.
- Submit weekly sales activity reports to the Executive Director.
- Maintain and update a prospective member list and actively acquire prospective member contacts.
- Responsible for getting new members and prospects to attend events.
- Coordinate and implement successful new initiatives when directed.
- Provide necessary monthly board reports pertaining to membership, programs and events.
- Membership Retention Responsibilities
- Responsible for retaining 90% of all new members for the first two years of membership, which may include personal calls, written communications and/or visits.
- Make proactive calls, meetings, e-mails to engage new members at the one, three, six and nine month markers as well as calls on ”at risk” membership dues at the end of each month.
- Update database and prepare report with information from retention efforts.
- Analyze membership data and prepare recommendations.
- Publication and Event Sponsorships:
- Sell ads for newsletters, website, and other publications and meet new sales goals.
- Develop partnerships for various Council events.
- Keep accurate records of all sales and obtain a written agreement from each member.
- Track income produced from all sales.
- Event Management:
- Develop and implement an overall event fundraising strategy and leadership prospecting program to achieve the stated objectives for each event.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with key leadership positions including event chairs, co-chairs and honorees.
- Create appropriate systems enabling the solicitation of event contributors, effective stewardship, acknowledgement and recognition of all donors.
- Manage the execution of all event related collateral publications including invitations, journals, etc.
- Establish with the Chairman event budgets and specific timeline expectations for each function. Be responsible to effective solicitations initiatives designed to achieve the agreed upon objectives.
- Staff Liaison Duties:
- Attend all relevant events and hearings as determined by Chairman.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend board meetings and annual board retreat if requested.
- Assist in answering the telephone and greeting visitors when necessary.
- Keep draft minutes for all committee and board meetings.
- Help prepare packets for board meetings and assist in collecting and organizing board meeting related information.
- Schedule appointments for Chairman as needed.
6. Other job-related duties as delegated or assigned by the Chairman
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including public speaking.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, in writing and on the telephone.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members, staff, outside organizations and agencies, and the general public as needed.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to members and not-yet members alike.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and workloads.
- Ability to attend early morning, late afternoon and evening meetings as required.
- Team player that will assist when needed outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a trustworthy manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media.
- Knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, Mailchimp/Constant Contact preferred.
- B.A. Degree or three years of relevant experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, and must be able and willing to travel (locally) the majority of the time.
The Membership & Events Coordinator is responsible for membership sales and retention efforts of The Luxury Marketing Council of Southern California. His/her mission is to develop engaging programs, services and new members of the Council as well as to retain current members. He/she is expected to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct at all times and to employ ethical sales techniques.
This is a full-time, exempt position. It is salaried plus commission position. Interested candidates should submit resume with salary requirements. LinkedIn resumes are preferred. No phone calls please. Learn more at http://LuxuryMarketingCouncil.org.