7 Creative Golf Marketing Ideas to Make Your Club Stand Out
Everywhere we turn lately, we come across tips for how to execute creative golf marketing ideas this year. So we’ve collected a short list of our favorite tips.
Here are seven ideas for giving your marketing efforts a boost:
1. Ask your Members how to reach out. When is the last time you actually asked your members about how they’d like to interact with your club? There’s really no excuse when you can run instant polls on your Facebook page or club website.
2. Triggered emails. Do you send members an email that makes additional offers after they’ve made a reservation or tee-time on your website? If not, you’re missing a great opportunity to keep your name in front of a member who’s planning to visit the club. Website vendors like ClubEssential can assist you with setting this up with your existing website platform.
3. Text marketing. Find out what members want by texting them a question. Then, send them a coupon for a discount on that item. This one’s particularly useful for those Gen-X and -Y customers, many of whom don’t seem to use email anymore.
4. What your competition isn’t doing. Analyze what creative golf marketing methods your competitors are using, and look for the holes. Be somewhere they’re not — maybe on the local chamber of commerce, Instagram or even bringing back the mailed club newsletter.
5. Don’t just network — host an event. Hosting an event is a powerful way to get known by a lot of people at once. Why? Everybody comes over to thank the host.
6. Referral rewards. This one’s an oldie but goodie that’s still around because it works. Let members know you’ll reward them if they send you a prospective member, and turn your members into your marketing team on the cheap.
7. Simplify. Remember that too many marketing messages confuse members, especially as you spread them across various marketing channels. Try to pare down to three choices in all aspects of your marketing, from how many fonts you use to how many times you follow up.