1. Thou shalt embrace cocktail hour—anytime.
2. Thou shalt invoke your middle name(s)/initial(s) whenever possible.
3. Thou can never be in too many clubs or wear too many layers.
5. Thou shalt not cheat on the golf course or the tennis court.
6. Thou shalt say “it's a pleasure to see you” the first time you meet someone rather than “it's a pleasure to meet you,” because you might have actually met that time at the Chicken Box and you just don't remember.
7. Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's country club, nor his tennis backhand, nor his boarding school alumni network, nor his Ivy League MBA, nor his limited-edition Barbour jacket, nor anything that is your neighbor's.
8. Thou shalt not steal your opponent's custom-made backgammon tournament board.
9. Thou shalt know the names of all of the bartenders and bouncers at Dorrian's Red Hand in New York City.
10. Thou shalt have the latest issue of T&C on your coffee table at all times.