Gorgeous autumn colors, less crowds, off-season pricing—there are many reasons why fall golf is so great.
With summer somewhat of a distant memory and autumn upon us, there is still lots of great golf to enjoy. So don’t put away the sticks quite yet. It is true that start times might be a little later but crisp cool weather, clear skies and beautiful course conditions all make fall a great time to enjoy an extra round of golf or two.
Here are some great reasons to extend your golf season this fall…
1. Beat the crowds: Summer is over and the crowds have by and large gone home. So you probably won’t be rushed along by the anxious foursome behind you. You can take a bit more time, relax and really enjoy the round – hone your golf skills that much more.
2. Your game is in top form: You have had an entire golf season under your belt. You’ve been playing all season long and you are feeling comfortable with your swing, your putting is in top form and your equipment is feeling like an extension of your arms. Chances are that your golf game has never been better (hopefully or the theory goes).
3. Great time for a golf lesson: Your local golf pro is probably less busy than he has been throughout the busy spring and summer golf season. He or she can spend a little extra time giving you the personalized instruction you need to take your game to the next level.
4. The courses are in fantastic shape: The golf courses have enjoyed a full season of primping and coddling by obsessive grounds keepers – every blade of grass has been nurtured to its natural best, greens have been babied to near perfection and tee boxes in are pristine shape. Greens tends to be smoother, fairways thick and lush, and landscaping at its best.
5. Scenery is at its best: There is nothing like golfing though a forest of fall colors. Yellow poplars, red maples, golden tamarack often grace the fairways – adding an extra element of beauty to the golf experience. Blue skies and majestic mountains seem closer and even more dramatic in the crisp fall light.